Technologically Handcuffed

Brazil updates will have to wait. Sorry. My computer seems to have kicked the bucket. I am crying on the inside. Hopefully I can get it fixed in South Africa but it doesnt look good. It makes a terrible sound and cant find a hard drive which doesnt allow windows to start. Its basically useless. the good thing is, I have everything backed up before I came and my pictures are still on my camera. Hopefully things will work out. My computer is my baby. My life.

R.I.P. my laptop

4 Response to "Technologically Handcuffed"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    February 22, 2007 at 5:16 PM

    very very unfortunate...you are cutting off my supply of KEVO...i need my blog fix, you know that right?

  2. Sarah Can says:
    February 22, 2007 at 9:57 PM

    Kevin,

    You may already know this, but in case it can help... I just talked to my resident computer genius, and he says that unfortunately it sounds like your hard drive is just dead. You'll have to get a new hard drive, then reinstall your operating system and all of your applications :o( Maybe you can find a hard drive if you can find a computer store in South Africa. Maybe if you can borrow a friend's computer and try to contact some computer stores in Cape Town before you arrive...

    Then you'll need to borrow a friend's backup discs if you didn't bring your own...

    Haha I have no idea if this helps, that's a huge bummer... I agree, R.I.P your laptop... but at least everything is backed up!

    Sarah
    Spring 05

  3. Anonymous Says:
    February 23, 2007 at 10:23 AM

    I feel ya.... my computer is dieing as well, but at least i am in the states and its going to get fixed... best of luck with your computer! stay sane!

  4. Anonymous Says:
    February 23, 2007 at 1:54 PM

    Oh No, just when I finally found your blog, you are incapacitated until Capetown. Stay calm, use
    Anna's laptop because she's not
    blogging as much as you (hint to her), and try to find a computer
    genius on board who can fix your baby.
    I'm thrilled you and Anna are having such a fabulous time--great new friends and wonderful, life changing experiences. I'm very
    lonesome since the Bahamas, and am really excited about our trip to Viet Nam to see Anna, you, Desi, etc. Take care, be good and ENJOY!
    CHAR
    psCan't find your mom's phone #,did you take it when you moved to ship from our Nassau room? Please send so I can call her and tell her what a sweet boy your are!