Random pics of San Ignacio

This is the Hawkworth Bridge.As many of you know,bridges kind of get me going. Its nothing compared to some bridges in the world, but in terms of what Belize has to offer, it's one of the best. Traffic only goes 1 way and when the wooden bridge that is a bit down stream goes out (which it does almost every time it rains), traffic is a mess. You would think that instead of spending a lot of money constantly repairing a horrible, sketch wooden bridge that they would just build a second reliable one. That seems smart, but I may just be thinking out loud.


Chubby Juices and drinks. It looks like apple juice. It is apple flavored. Looks like apple juice, smells like apple juice, but is not apple juice. It may have some apple flavor to it, but far from juice. First of all, it's carbonated. They only come in 8oz. bottles so you would think you are getting something being that its sold in such small amounts, but NO. It sucks. It's like drinking a horrible apple wine cooler with no alcohol. I know that apple juice can often look like urine but tastes nothing like it... I may want to drink urine before ever putting my lips around a "Chubby" again. p.s. this is for you Car
This is Julio and Sheldon.They are cousins. Sheldon, as you should already know, was my host brother in San Ignacio. He is 9, acts 14, and throws tantrums like a 2 year old. You never know which Sheldon you are going to get. Julio is only 4 and I can never understand a word coming out of his mouth. His speech is hard to understand, not to mention on top of that he only speaks Kriol. Such a cute kid, but dont let those looks fool you.

Cute remember? Yeah, well this little one bites! He tried to bite me so many times that I had to stop letting him in my room. Good thing for me Peace Corps vaccinates me for everything you can possibly imagine. One day he came in trying to bite me covered head to toe in glitter. You are probably getting a little chuckle out of this but it was far from fun. Glitter might as well be glue, it simply doesnt come off. His favorite activity was running around with my headlamp on in the middle of the day.

Look what I found! Some of you may be thinking you have no idea what this is, but others know exactly what it is. They take me back to Mrs. Szul's third grade class when I got caught making out with the icing during story time. Dunkaroo's! I saw them on the shelf at the grocery and immediately looked to make sure they were expired but oh lets guess 10 years and sure enough they were fresh! It was one of the greatest moments I've had since I've been here. I remember them tasting better but doesnt everything when you are 10 years old?

3 Response to "Random pics of San Ignacio"

  1. Christa! says:
    October 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

    Where is the picture of the crazy pole?

  2. Abby Says:
    October 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM

    I love Dunkaroos!

  3. Maria says:
    October 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM

    Whaaaat? CHUBBY! Alright, I don't know why you only have apple flavoured or whatever, and I'm sorry to hear about that because I was never a great fan of apple myself, but the next time you get your hands on a bottle, turn it over and tell me where it was made, because as far as I've ever known, Chubbys were only made in Trinidad. Seriously, I found them at random in a ShopRite here in South Jersey and the bottle still said "Product of Trinidad & Tobago".

    That sugar drink was an integral part of every Trinidadian child's upbringing and a proud part of my heritage (yes, proud--at least we use sugar in our junk food. last I checked, HFCS is still isn't quite digestable). I don't know why this soda is popping up in these crazily random places, but it's a little too weird for me.