Life in Yo Creek

This is my school, where I will work for the next 2 years. It was built about 2 years ago as a donation from the Korean government.
Call this my office. It's the only air conditioned room in the village and 1 of 3 places with internet. I live a tough life. It still needs some work but the computers are state of the art and better than I have used for most of my life.

These are some of the Infant 1 & 2 kids that knock on my door and bother me everyday while Im trying to "work." My two favorite, or the only ones that have actively talked to me instead of just the awkward stare, are the two farthest to the right. The little guy in the red shirt jumps on me at every chance and spouts off at the mouth in Spanish that I can often not understand. I think his name is Barrinito. The girl in the yellow shirt is my favorite thus far. She is very well spoken in English and Spanish and talks to me everyday. It's usually just a repeated line of "Mr. Kevin... haha... Mr. Kevin" but it's cute.


Who would have thought that tires could be so much fun?

This guy is a real tough guy. He is a few years older than all the rest walking on the tires and is bigger than them. Way to go you.

This is how they line up everyday at 2:30 to scream at my door until I come out and then they all run away. It's some kind of game that was fun at first.


These are some of the 80 chickens we have behind our house. They eat the food off the ground, then climb up on these little racks and lay their eggs. They are better than a well trained cat going in a litter box... and you can eat what comes out!


This is my private bathroom. I feel like a princess every time I walk through those curtains.


This is my massive bed! I have yet to reach the left side of it. I get to the middle and get scared and turn back. Not only is it big, its better than most beds in the States.


This is my host family's house. It looks small, but this picture doesnt show the massive add-ons to the left side of the house.

1 Response to "Life in Yo Creek"

  1. Abby Says:
    October 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM

    Those kids are too cute! I love reading about your days down there! xo