Happy Birthday to me?

Is February 23rd my birthday? I didn't think so. But it must be or 15 kids wouldn't have busted into the computer lab yesterday morning singing to me. I guess some things don't matter.

There I was minding my own business, checking email or something else that takes up my time before the bell rings and pretty much every girl from the Infant II class came in doing a rhythmic dance and singing happy birthday to me. In English... and Spanish.

They went through the entire procession, which lasts about 2 minutes after they go through all the verses and then clap one time for every year in age as they count how old you are.

Then when they all finished, the all came around me, hugged me and told me happy birthday. Then the bell rang and they all screamed as they ran out of the room back to class. They made sure to tell me happy birthday one more time as they were running out the door.

Afterwards, I wasn't sure what happened. It was one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me. Maybe when you have a fan club of 5 year old girls, you get to have your birthday whenever they feel like celebrating. That would get annoying, I bet you Hannah Montana has her birthday everyday then.

Just another day in the life of a PCV.

1 Response to "Happy Birthday to me?"

  1. Abby Says:
    March 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM

    HAHA I had not read this one! Too funny!