For those who worry

I know how many people are and they like to think of the risks involved with this trip. What if I get sick? What if we get into a really bad storm? (check that link out) What if we get taken over by pirates? What if I get robbed in another country?

The questions could go on forever, but this is not about helping you to stop from worrying, it's almost to give you something more to worry about. I will be on a boat for 100 days and in some of the craziest places in the world. Of course there are risks involved, otherwise I would not be going. I might never come back. I might fall in love with some brazillian and call it quits from there! Who knows? I just know that there is a possibility of things happening and but there is more of a possibility of me having the time of my life. I think taking the good with the bad is worth it because I think the pros will definitely outweigh the cons.

Being at sea for 100 days is a small risk compared to what I'll be doing in that time span. In 8 days I will on the beach in Nassua, Bahamas and I will admit that its finally starting to hit me that Im actually going to do this. Im very excited, a little nervous, and slightly scared almost. I know I will not come home as the same person that left. This might be the best part of it all though. As each day passes, I get more anxious than the day before. I still do not know where Im staying the first night Im there but it is the least of my worries for now. I just want to leave, It wont be official until I get off the plane and I am outside of the United States for the first time in my life.

2 Response to "For those who worry"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    January 23, 2007 at 12:46 AM

    If for some reason you don't come back, it better be because your ship got taken over by pirates, that way I can tell my future friends that I have lost a loved one to a pirate attack. It would be an amazing conversation starter.

  2. Anonymous Says:
    January 23, 2007 at 10:52 AM

    if you do happen to fall in love with a brazilian you better make sure she has a sister (younger is ok with me) for me. let me know and i will be on the next plane out there to meet up with you guys...